Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What the #%$#$#%#


So I have a bone to pick with whoever though it was a good idea to have a holiday where we all have to dress up, that's absolute madness!
I was stressed about this Halloween party that John and I had to go to. I had no blasted idea what we should be, there are times in my life where I feel I can and do a decent job at being creative, but this wasn't one of them. I could not come up with anything, I thought about being secret service agents (that would be fun we could wear sunglasses and pack some heat) but John said we would have to wear black suits, which he does not own, so out with that. We could always be vampires but I did not want to be compared to the twilight vamps so that was out. Then my mom said we should go as Sunny and Cher and I that was a great idea, but the problem there is Cher is tall and skinny and Sunny was short with brown hair. I am not tall and Skinny but ah ha John is he could be her how hilarious would that be and I could get a mustache and be sunny ( I do have brown hair) But John has some crazy issue with cross dressing, whatever..
So with an hour left to the party and a sale at shopko and this is what we end up as eeeek!!! You know the problem is that I got ready fast and didn't really look in the mirror below my waist. One of my pet peeves is those girls or women who wear short shirts with there guts hanging out but they think they are so so sexy. Do they look in the mirror! (Maybe I should be impressed that they don't care what people think and that they feel good about themselves) I have a good concept of what my body looks like and I know that I have some good size thighs so what was I thinking when I dressed them up and put shinny sequins on them like hello hear comes Mattie legs. The sad thing was that I really was not shy or self concious like I should have been I had a fun night then got home and screamed at John for letting me out of the house. Well whatever, I guess we all need a before shot.
John did look awesome he rocked that look and was way fun about it. What a good sport. Well Happy Halloween and if anyone needs to borrow a costume give me a call..

7 comments:

Amy said...

you guys look awesome. I love John's shirt. Save this costume for future Halloweens or crazy nights.

macandmegan said...

Ok..so the picture is awesome and i'm sad i didn't get to see it live! Haha I love it. What good sports you two are. We missed you at the Nelson Halloween party, you guys definitely would have stolen the show!

Controlling My Chaos said...

I think you look adorable. What hilarious costumes. And that is NOT Daddy Long Legs. He cannot grow hair like that overnight and it just looks WRONG on him. Hee hee. Funny post, Mattie Cake.

Lindsay said...

I love it. Your family is so cute Mattie.

Jill said...

I love the costumes...doing disco or 70s is always a winner. I too am very aware of what I can and cannot wear around this time of year, which is why Michael Phelps mom was the perfect fit for me...haha. You'll have to check my blog to see those pics.

paige and jord said...

mattie! its paige..if you dont remember me let me remind you that we are cousins. :) jk.. but seriously, we never see you! but im glad i ran into your blog so i can keep updated on your adorable kids! they're getting SO big! love ya
ps.. your costumes are hilarious!

Natalie said...

I totally love the costumes. I think you look fabulous and I know I could never pull that outfit off but I think you did perfect. It is just adorable! Really, you look skinny... sequins or not. BTW- thanks for the kind post today! It really made my night!