Tuesday, October 21, 2008

John Thinks He is so Funny

So when John and I got are cell phones he had mine for one day and recorded the voice mail message, it said you have reached "John Weatherly " and I never changed it because I hate my voice on any messages. It annoyed John and he always threatened me that he was going to change it. Well, 2 years later he decided to follow through.  He said he had listened to his voice enough and he did change it (turkey).  But, how often do you call your own phone and listen to the message? Well, I'll tell you.   Never! Finally, someone called me on the home phone and was laughing and told me about it. It said " I am sorry Mattie can't come to the phone right now her phone is probably in the car or else lost somewhere, if she ever finds it she might get back to you, but good luck with that."

The sad thing is most of the time I do leave it in the car and it does happen to get lost a lot. He calls me a lot during the day and sometimes he has a hard time getting hold of me...  Whatever.

So I changed the message so it was the computer that said leave a message.  Then I lost my phone again and he changed the message one more time (don't worry the phone always shows up).  I found out because another friend that had called my cell then called the house told me. Same old dog - but new trick.  This time it said " I am sorry Mattie can't come to the phone, but it' s once again either lost or she is really tired and doesn't want to come answer it."  He thinks he is Hilarious.

Now my phone just says Mattie Weatherly, but it is his deep voice.  I am glad I can keep him so entertained!  He just calls to talk to me cause he says I'm the only sane person he talks to all day.  The fact that he thinks I am sane is a good thing - I still have him fooled!






2 comments:

Controlling My Chaos said...

Okay, first of all, he IS hilarious. He's a royal crack-up. I'm just sorry I never got to hear that message because I'm too impatient and won't wait to leave a message. I want my Mattie Cake, and I want her NOW!

Ha, ha. Really, I'm so glad you posted about this. Now, to plot your revenge. Want some help?

Brooke Jones said...

Mattie it has been fun to keep up with your cute family. Bloggin' is fun huh?! I especially love the pics of your mom with the 5 babies - priceless. Check out my blog when you get a chance. claytonandbrooke.blogspot.com